How to Apply
Registration is closed for the 2023-2025 cohort. Please contact us at CPM@dhr.idaho.gov to join our waitlist for future training opportunities.
A CPM® Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be employed by an Idaho government entity.
- Be a:
- Supervisor or manager; or
- Program manager responsible for technical or professional support; or
- Individual identified by an agency as showing potential for advancement into management.
- Receive the endorsement of an immediate supervisor or higher management.
- Complete approved pre-requisites.
State of Idaho employees are encouraged to complete DHR’s Supervisory Academy with the Division of Human Resources to fulfill the prerequisite requirement for CPM®. Applicants from other Idaho government entities will need to fulfill the prerequisite requirement by using criteria from one of the main categories below:
- Role of Supervision/Management
- Leadership Styles
- Self Management – managing time, stress, and emotions; having organizational integrity
- Communication – defining styles; listening; giving direction; working with generational differences
- Performance Management – hiring; setting expectations; giving feedback; appraising performance; disciplining; documenting
- Motivation Techniques
- Conflict Resolution – resolving employee problems
- Respectful Workplace
- Customer Service
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Public Administration
Fees total $2,576 and are paid over two fiscal years. Fees are normally paid by the sponsoring agency.
For information on Idaho’s Certified Public Manager® Program, please view the program handbook below. The handbook is a great resource for interested applicants and agency leadership to understand the program’s policies and procedures. We recommend that all applicants read the handbook below prior to applying for the program.