How to Apply
Registration is now open for the 2023-2025 cohort. Applications must be submitted by 7/21/23. To access the application and enrollment instructions, please contact us at CPM@dhr.idaho.gov.
A CPM® Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be employed by an Idaho government entity.
- Be a:
- Supervisor or manager; or
- Program manager responsible for technical or professional support; or
- Individual identified by an agency as showing potential for advancement into management.
- Receive the endorsement of an immediate supervisor or higher management.
- Complete approved pre-requisites.
State of Idaho employees are encouraged to complete DHR’s Supervisory Academy with the Division of Human Resources to fulfill the prerequisite requirement for CPM®. Applicants from other Idaho government entities will need to fulfill the prerequisite requirement by using criteria from one of the main categories below:
- Role of Supervision/Management
- Leadership Styles
- Self Management – managing time, stress, and emotions; having organizational integrity
- Communication – defining styles; listening; giving direction; working with generational differences
- Performance Management – hiring; setting expectations; giving feedback; appraising performance; disciplining; documenting
- Motivation Techniques
- Conflict Resolution – resolving employee problems
- Respectful Workplace
- Customer Service
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Public Administration
Fees total $2,576 and are paid over two fiscal years. Fees are normally paid by the sponsoring agency.
For information on Idaho’s Certified Public Manager® Program, please view the program handbook below. The handbook is a great resource for interested applicants and agency leadership to understand the program’s policies and procedures. We recommend that all applicants read the handbook below prior to applying for the program.
Click here to view the Certified Public Manager® Program Handbook