Applications are accepted only when a new track (cohesive geographic group) is ready to be enrolled. The announcement of a new track is sent to agency CPM Coordinators and also appears on the News page of this website. Agency Coordinators forward approved applications to the CPM Administrator at DHR for final selection. The CPM Administrator works with the CPM Selection Committee and advises applicants of their status and next steps for enrollment.
A CPM Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Be employed by an Idaho government entity
- Hold one of the following positions:
- Supervisor or manager
- Program manager responsible for technical or professional support
- Individual identified by an agency as showing potential for advancement into management
- Receive the endorsement of an immediate supervisor or higher management
- Commit to complete requirements for certification
- Complete approved pre-requisites
State of Idaho employees are encouraged to complete the Supervisory Academy with the Division of Human Resources to fulfill the prerequisite requirement for CPM. Should the Supervisory Academy not be a practical option, applicants can substitute a selection from one of the categories below. Applicants from other Idaho government entities may fulfill the prerequisite requirement by using criteria from any one of the main categories below:
- Role of Supervision/Management
- Leadership Styles
- Self Management – managing time, stress, and emotions; having organizational integrity
- Communication – defining styles; listening; giving direction; working with generational differences
- Performance Management – hiring; setting expectations; giving feedback; appraising performance; disciplining; documenting
- Motivation Techniques
- Conflict Resolution – resolving employee problems
- Respectful Workplace
- Customer Service
- Business Administration
- Human Resources
- Public Administration
Registration fees total $2,375, paid in five payments of $475 per level over 2-3 fiscal years. The first payment is due when a new track program begins. Fees are normally paid by the sponsoring agency.
Applications and program information are available through the State’s learning management system, Moodle. Please download these instructions to create an account and view the CPM® application materials.
Applications were due by July 19, 2019.